Caddell served as lead partner performing the total design-build fit-out/upgrade/restoration of an historic former barracks building completed in 1940. Nicknamed the “Hickam Hotel”, it housed 3200 men in 14 wings and was filled to capacity when the Japanese made it a prime target of the attack on Pearl Harbor. The barracks took twenty-seven direct hits. Later, the entire building was designated an historic landmark and converted into the Pacific Air Command’s (PACAF) Headquarters.
The fit-out/repairs/restoration encompassed select wing/floor areas and included extensive MEP remediation for the building’s infrastructure. Scope also included the demolition and complete removal of all existing wing-floor area improvements; removal of existing partitions, ceilings, doors, and windows as necessary; floor finishes, HVAC systems, partial HVAC systems, panels, fire alarm devices, equipment and communications connections and wiring.